Skiing has now become more than just an adventurous sport. With the increasing love for cold soft snow in our age of global warming and to quench the thirst for an adrenaline rush, more and more families go to skiing resorts all over the world for a break and well, to chill. But just having the right equipment for this sport isn’t good enough. You need the perfect instructors, gentle slopes and picture postcard scenery for knowing the right ski resort to go to. Check out the most amazing 50 ski resorts and what they have to offer.
1) Portes du Soleil in France: With it’s fantastic instructors and a lovely ski village feel, book your skiing trip here to have the time of your life. It offers a seven night all inclusive break at the Chalet Aiguille Blance at £685 per head including ski tuition, ski equipment hire, lift pass, breakfast, afternoon tea and three course evening meal with wine, winter sports insurance, return flights from Gatwick and transfers.
2) St Anton, Australia for some world class challenging skiing in steep slopes and powder drops. Packages start at £600
3) Borovets Bulgaria: Head here for some good money valued skiing.
4) Krvavec, Slovenia: Don’t have time for a week? Do it for a weekend at this magnificent wide snowy terrain.
5) Banff, Canada: Skiing accompanied by spa treatment and hot tubs is impossible to resist.
6) Seefeld, Austria: Austria’s leading ski resort, often the host of skiing championships.
7) Ischgl, Austria: Known as the top party resort of the Alps. Ski season of 2005 was inaugurated by Lionel Richie.
8) Soll, Austria: A beginner’s resort priced attractively with efficient instructors.
9) Vail, USA: One of the top ski resorts in the world which boasts of 7 Back Bowls.
10) Courchevel, France: Skiing, snowboarding, ice skating and tobogganing at a great price!
11) St Moritz, Switzerland: This one is packed with great skiing, shopping, champagne and partying.
12) Obergurgl, Austria: Top quality hotels, spa, whirlpools and sauna, top it off with skiing.
13) Selva Vel Gardena, Italy: 98 kilometers of awesome, testing snowy terrain.
14) Pas Del La Casa, Andorra: Andorra’s best with a colorful night skiing option.
15) Kranjska Gora, Slovenia: For beginners who need gentle slope and decent instructors.
16) Val D’Isere, France: High up in Espace Killy, with 97 lifts and 3500 meters of high altitude skiing.
17) Flaine, France: Traffic free with kindergarten and ski schools alongside indoor pool and ice skating.
18) Chamonix, France: Nestling beneath Mont Blanc with the coolest bars and hippest restaurants.
19) Cortina, Italy: Home to the first winter olympics in Italy, need I say anything more?
20) Kandersteg, Switzerland: A bliss for cross country skiers and beginners! Continue reading “The 50 best places to ski this winter” »